We are in the countdown to Love Oxford. Only 18 days to go!!
How can you help?
- get involved in stewarding
- give time to come and pray with us for the City next week, or serve at the BBQ
- spread the word among your friends and family, pastorates, cell groups, fellow students, neighbours, colleagues
Most importantly of all: commit to being there on Sun 23 May for Love Oxford and for the other events going on that day in South Park...Remember there are NO services at St Aldates that day: we’re moving the Church to the Park! Love Oxford from 10.30am, Vertigo from 2.30pm, Evening celebration with John Arnott from 7pm.
Please pray for the following:
1. Loving respectful relations with City authorities - we are currently having last minute issues about marquee placement.
2. Presence of God in the meeting. We have a great program, 2 great Oxford preachers, prayer, different bits of 'Breaking News'. But as always we long for the Presence of God and the Conviction of His loving call to Oxford. Please pray for this. Pray that the 'Trumpet will sound’.
3. Volunteers: Pray for (and join) the stewarding team (email@example.com) we need your prayer and your help! Also, consider volunteering to support the 5,000+ BBQ in Bonn Square 11.30-1.30pm, Thu 13-Sat 15 May: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/8135820.Church_planning_to_feed_the_2_000/cooks, befrienders, welcomers and evangelists all needed to serve the City burgers, share the love of God and invite people to Love Oxford.
4. Thank God for a great atmosphere in a recent pastors/University Chaplains/Bishop of Oxford meeting (on Tue May 4th). We now have 2 Chaplains gladly taking part on the platform in the Love Oxford Event.
5. Attendance: Pray for God to draw His people together in a magnetic, irresistible way. Charlie Cleverly feels that this year’s event will be the 'Best Yet' - don't miss it! Please come and bring your family and your whole Church. There will be a ‘warm up’ time especially aimed at families from 10.30am, so please join us early for lots of fun!
6. Finances: Please pray for the £35,000 needed to cover the costs, plus more for investment in the future.
7. Social Action and 'Love Oxford'. Matt Partridge (Emmanuel Church) and others are helping us sharpen a 'city Church Strategy' to co-ordinate more of our Social Action. At this year's event we pray for a common understanding to be 'caught' of our role in 'loving’ Oxford.
8. Prayer: Pray! And pray that prayer spreads: Join us to pray for the City and the event at the Oxford Prayer Room open 24-7 for one week (16-22 May) www.oxfordprayerroom.org.uk and the pre-service prayer at St Clements: 9.30am on Sun 23 May.
9. Communication: If you have a Church emailing list, please forward this to it. Also, please consider having a slot in one of your services/meetings to pray through this list, if possible.
10. Revival: The point of Love Oxford is to seek God for an Awakening in Oxford. Let us pray unceasingly for this, and act according to God's promptings.